Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My compassionate boy

I have had a little cold or allergies or something and last night one of my ears plugged up - you know, that feeling like when you're on an airplane? No matter what I did I could not get my ear to pop or drain or whatever it needed to do to hear normally again. I was talking about it with Seth and Landon was around. Then, this morning, one of the first things Landon asked me (with such a concerned face) was, "Did your ear drain mommy?"

I just love how he notices things and is concerned for people. Now, he is not always this way, but I pray that he will come to know the Lord and notice the needs of others and serve the Lord in whatever way he is called to.

By the way, my ear still hasn't popped! Have any of you had this issue before and how did you get it unclogged??

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This has happened to me a few times. Twice I ended up just needing to go to the ENT and they removed wax that was trapping fluid in my ear. The other times I was able to just use an earwax cleaning kit (where you squirt the solution in your ear and let it break down the wax then flush out). It took a few times, but eventually it worked.

That's such an annoying feeling! I hope you can get it fixed soon!

Kristi Face said...

Aww, hope you can get it fixed too, I hate it when that happens!! Such a sweet boy does not surprise me considering how sweet his momma is :) (and daddy too!)

April Nienhuis said...

Yep, go get your ears cleaned. Some people hate it but I think it's one of the best things ever!

tsbjf said...

Yep, happened to me before too. Getting ears cleaned has worked for me before, feels good. Have also done the solution and also waiting it out. It is an annoying thing to have happen, I know! That is sweet that Landon was concerned for you. Kids pick up on so much!