Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Seek the Lord

This past weekend we went to the annual 4th of July Conference that the church I grew up going to puts on every year. It was very encouraging as the speaker, Tom Taylor, challenged us to seek the Lord. Webster's dictionary defines seeking as, "to go in search of, look for, to try to discover, to resort to or go to. It was such a good reminder that the Lord needs to be the One I am pursuing and seeking after and not other things.

Deut 4:29
"But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul."

Jer 29:13
"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

Psalm 27:8
"When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You, "Your face, O LORD, I shall seek."

1 comment:

HopiQ said...

It was wonderful to see you and meet Seth and Landon this weekend! It was such a special time.